Why Not to Rely On Colour To Stand Out
In this episode, I talk about the challenges that colour involves as a brand identifier.
The bar to registration of colour as a trademark is high so that confusion can arise between competitors. If you have legal rights over a brand identifier you can maintain its uniqueness for your brand and reduce the scope for customer confusion.
The episode on colour as a brand Identifier touches on:
- What to consider when it comes to trademarks and colour.
- How to be distinctive using colour as a brand identifier.
- The challenge of preserving uniqueness in the absence of legal rights
- How litigation is sometimes an option to deter competitors from using your colour
- Brands that have achieved colour trademark registrations