Is IP a Constraint on Creativity?
Stephen Willard is a graphic designer and former art director who moved into employee benefits communications and now runs his own company EMBLAZE a workplace engagement company that specialises in delivering high energy experiences to employees.
In this episode, we discuss how IP tends to be regarded as a luxury, rather than as something essential, and how Stephen has picked up his knowledge of the subject during his career. We cover:
- Brand identifiers and the creative process
- The rationale of changing brand identifiers
- What the brand is — how a brand can be recognized
- Stephen's experience in designing a logo — the elements to take into account
- Why use of symbols is rare when it's an effective way of being remembered
- The extent to which law is a constraint on creativity
- Designing for a regulated industry