Growing and Selling his Distilled SEO Consultancy
Will Critchlow, who has recently sold Distilled, the international SEO consultancy that he co-founded discusses how he developed the brand in response to the needs of the business as it grew.
Will Critchlow, who has recently sold Distilled, the international SEO consultancy that he co-founded discusses how he developed the brand in response to the needs of the business as it grew. They looked at what the whole organisation stood for, and what was their meaning in the marketplace as it helped them recruit the right people.
- Post the sale of Distilled, Will retains Search Pilot, a SaaS product the business had developed.
- Helping his father in his electronics business influenced Will's entrepreneurial leanings as he saw the time and freedom setting up his own business gave his father.
- Brand came late in their journey. Reputation came first, then looking at what the organisation stood for later.
- Used their company values to hire and promote members of the team they developed a checklist to evaluate candidates against their core values.
- Built a training platform Distilled U both as an internal resource and as a digital asset with a subscription service
- The most admired brand is Wistia run by some good friends of his. Loves the way they have infused their personalities and a sense of fun into their business
- Click the link to Wistia
Access the 7 Costly Mistakes to Avoid When Branding or Rebranding eBook when you subscribe to TUNED NEWS.